Abellimento Violin Studio encourages the cultivation of well-rounded, young musicians with beautiful hearts through Suzuki violin lessons.
ABOUT THE VIOLIN STUDIO
I believe music has the intrinsic power to transform the hearts and minds of our youth. Music can also improve their comprehension and appreciation of all academic subjects in the classroom.
I founded Abellimento Violin Studio in 2012 with the intent to teach children as young as 3 years old how to play the violin.
After taking Suzuki lessons as a child myself, I knew I wanted to use the curriculum while also prioritizing individualism and a deep sense of belonging for all of my students.
ABOUT THE SUZUKI METHOD
Shinichi Suzuki, the creator behind the Suzuki method, believed every child was born with the innate ability to learn how to play the violin.
This internationally known violin curriculum creates an innovative, motivational, and curiosity-driven environment for enhanced music education.
Through tailored Suzuki violin instruction, children will develop a deep love of music and respect of all people.
Give us a call to learn more about our studio and the Suzuki Method!
“If a child hears fine music from the day of his birth and learns to play it himself, he develops sensitivity, discipline, and endurance. He gets a beautiful heart.”
- Shinichi Suzuki
My violin and I are attached at the hip… well, more like the neck. We’re inseparable. I’ve been playing the violin for 20+ years, and I consider it my most beloved vocation in addition to being the mom of Otto and Theo, and wife to my husband, Kyle.
Music deeply enriched my childhood and at Abellimento Violin Studio, I aim to provide the same enrichment through private and group Suzuki violin lessons.
While I’m a trained educator of Suzuki violin, I’m also an eternal student of my craft. I attend various workshops and trainings to consistently sharpen my skills to then bring back to the studio, located in my West Milwaukee home near Miller Park.
I also play for weddings and other events all over the Milwaukee area and am willing to travel at an additional cost. Interested in having me play at your next event? Contact me today!
- My favorite piece of music is Beethoven's Ninth Symphony.
- My favorite composer is J.S. Bach while my favorite violinist is Itzhak Perlman.
- When I'm not teaching or mom-ing, I'm reading as many books as I can or binge-watching Netflix.
- Depending on the time of day, my favorite beverage is a glass of red wine or pour-over coffee.
- I've lived in Minnesota, Texas, Virginia, and Wisconsin.
- My ideal night out consists of live concerts and Milwaukee restaurant hopping. I was even a little bit of a groupie for a couple of bands in college.
- The best thing I’ve ever had to eat was lobster ravioli at a restaurant that doesn't exist anymore. As a foodie, I’m still on the hunt!
- My favorite travel destination is Colorado. I dream of taking a road trip across country, and one day going to Italy to eat and drink my weight in pasta and wine.
"My daughter has been taking violin with Abbey since she was 2. She is now 5 and has learned and improved so much! Abbey has a kind and consistent approach that children respond well to. Group class also a unique and important part of her studio. I highly recommend Ms. Abbey to anyone looking for violin lessons for their child!"